Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crowned

Recently I enetered a month-long competition at Scrapdango. The winner gets a guest DT spot. I'm currently in week 4 and competition has been fierce. The other ladies have come up with some gorgeous creations. For the first week, the challenge was to add bling to a layoout. I don't get into a lot of sparkly on my pages, but I found that glitter glue and glittery ribbon worked well on this Christmas page.



Week 2's challenge was to create something for a mother. Since Mother's Day was just around the corner, I made a mini-book of my kids and their sports for my mom. It's made out of just one sheet of patterned cardstock. The cut and fold method is called ox-plow pamphlet. I love how this one turned out and so did my mom when I gave it to her.







I had a tougher time with week 3's challenge. This time we could use no patterned paper, only solid-color cardstock, which could be altered with stamps, etc. Very hard for me as a patterned paper addict! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out though. This one features Little Yellow Bicycle rub-ons, dry embossing, button and ribbon flowers, and a few pieces of some handmade paper I made while teaching high school.



No comments: