Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Arts

An art form I've really embraced lately is the art of making books. I've learned several bookbinding techniques and have bought a few books on the subject for inspiration. I've even implemented the art in a few of my high school art lessons. I've been making handmade paper with the high school kids and I've been working on a few books of my own. Yesterday, I finished up this tiny little book (measures only 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") as a birthday present for my mom. The inside contains handmade paper and is hand-bound with a simple saddle stitch. The cover has Webster's Pages and Lily Bee Designs (on the inside) paper, Prima flower and stamp, and Frances Meyer sticker.





And here's another book I made a little while ago that I've been using as an example in my classes. I used some nice, heavy sketchbook paper for the inside and bound it with a Japanese stab binding. The cover is all Basic Grey (paper, rub-ons, stickers) and a button from my stash.

No comments: